- NEW! George K. Karagiannidis has been selected as 2020 Web-of-Science Highly Cited Researcher
- George K. Karagiannidis has been selected as 2019 Web-of-Science Highly Cited Researcher
- G. K. Karagiannidis has been selected as Associate Editor-in-Chief of the new IEEE journal: IEEE Open Journal of the
- G. K. Karagiannidis has been selected as a 2018 Web-of-Science Highly Cited Researcher from Clarivate Analytics (former Thomson Reuters).
- G. K. Karagiannidis has been received the 2018 Signal Processing and Communications Electronics (SPCE) Technical Recognition Award of the IEEE Communications Society for his Outstanding Technical Contributions to Signal Processing for Communications.
- Best Paper Award in IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC) 2018 Spring for the paper: H. Zhang, N. Yang, K. Long, M. Pan, G. K. Karagiannidis and A. Nallanathan, “Energy Efficient Resource Allocation for Secure NOMA Networks”
- Best Paper Award in 2018 International Conference of Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCSP) for the paper: L. Fan, X. Lei, N. Zhao, P. Fan and G. K. Karagiannidis, “Secure Probabilistic Caching for Stochastic Multi-user Multi-relay Networks”
- George K. Karagiannidis has been selected as IEEE Communications Society (ComSoc) Distinguished Lecturer (DL) for 2018 and 2019
Main Research Areas
- Wireless Communications Systems and Networks (RF and Optical): Wireless Communications Theory, Wireless power transfer, Machine Learning for Wireless Communications, Wireless Security, Wireless Caching
- Communications and Signal Processing for Biomedical Engineering: Machine Learning for Biomedical Engineering, Wireless power transfer in Biomedical Engineering, Cochlear Implants, Stochastic Processes in Molecular Biology, Molecular Communications
Opportunities for PhD students
- Topic 1: Hybrid RF and Optical Wireless Communication Systems and Networks
- Topic 2: Machine learning for Biomedical Engineering
- Topic 3: Transdermal and Transcutaneous optical communications
If you are interested in joining WCIP as a PhD student, please send me an email attaching a complete curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and one reference letter from an academic supervisor. Any other academic or qualification transcript that could strengthen your candidacy is welcome.